Why do business in North West Wales?
"Investing in north west Wales makes sound sense" and here's why:
- A reliable and high concentration of technical skills
- A full suite of technical and engineering expertise levels
- Free training and development to meet employer needs
- Location is a focus for investment in energy and technology
- High investment and support for economic development
- Business-friendly local government and planning strategy
- Very high quality of life allied to low cost of living
- Cheap land and property prices with development scope
- Low cost of employment and high-loyalty workforce
The region is a hub of development funding as well as having a concentration of important and crucial skills. Investment programmes in the region include:
Mon a Menai
Funding directly targeted towards improving regional infrastructure, including transport and communications. The Menai strait between Anglesey and Gwynedd is the focus of the investment.
Energy Island / Ynys YNNI
The Energy Island programme attracts investment into green and renewable energy technology to the Isle of Anglesey. It focuses both on creating new jobs in the power (and particularly renewables) sector, and energy efficiency, across the island's infrastructure.
Anglesey Enterprise Zone
In the summer of 2011 Anglesey was established as an enterprise zone for energy by the Welsh Government, with funding promised to attract new businesses and jobs.
Gwynedd Business Grants
Gwynedd Council's Local Investment Fund offers financial support to SMEs in north west Wales. The fund covers existing and new businesses.